Delegate Experience Executive
Delegate Experience Executive
PEI – London
PEI is the leading provider of premium content, analysis and networking solutions for Institutional Investors and the companies that want to do business with them. PEI delivers actionable business information through a range of formats, from electronic services to conferences to magazines. They all share an objectivity of opinion, an originality of insight and the clear goal of facilitating and driving investment across four private capital asset classes (private equity, private equity real estate, private debt and unlisted infrastructure). PEI people are deeply connected to key industry players and effectively turn those relationships to the commercial benefit of their customers.
In this role, you will be an integral part of the conference team and responsible for driving delegate satisfaction, retention and engagement. By understanding the drivers behind their attendance, you will ensure that delegates receive maximum value from their tickets, working closely with the logistics team and delegate sales team, acting as a direct liaison to our customers daily.
To succeed in this position, you must be able to learn quickly and jump in without being asked. Attention to detail, superb communication skills, a “can-do” attitude is essential.
- Make PEI famous for its delegate experience and value delivery
- Manage the delegate onboarding process and event experience – from the moment the ticket is bought to the time the delegate arrives at the venue, up until the moment she leaves the venue for the last time
- Build relationships with our delegate customers, be able to anticipate their requirements, and to manage their expectations and help deliver successful outcomes for them.
- Helping delegates identify and engage with key investors / relevant VIPs across our event series
- Liaise with event management team including Operations, Marketing and Production.
- Bring on board new investors / relevant VIPs across our series of market leading conferences.
- Work closely with the marketing and design team to create and distribute client engagement documents.
- Market mapping and analysis to help team enter new markets
- Other research and support where necessary, including on-site support
- Reporting to the Audience Engagement Team Leader to manage the administration of client accounts and to ensure delegate and sponsor clients get appropriate exposure to their targets at the events
The ideal candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Excellent customer service skills are essential.
- Experience of time within a sales or client facing role would be advantageous
- High proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and Word: Must be able to develop, proof, maintain and tailor documents and presentations with accuracy, as well as clearly communicate requirements to design team.
- Must be confident speaking with clients on the phone and face to face
- Microsoft Dynamics – CRM experience and database management a plus
- Comfortable managing multiple projects at once, demonstrating excellent time management skills, with attention to detail. Must be able to prioritise and meet tight deadlines
- Can strike the balance between working as part of a team as well as independently to manage individual work-flow
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills, must be willing to assist co-workers in tasks
- Ability to travel internationally, as required, and provide on-site support for conferences
- You will thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic and high-pressure environment, be pro-active, solutions-oriented and eager to take on new challenges with high energy and enthusiasm
Requirements – personal characteristics:
- Coachable, professional
- Strong attention to detail
- High EQ and intellectual curiosity are a must
- Long-term, team player who is comfortable working on their own or a part of a group
- Someone who can adapt to a developing role within a fast-growing organization
- Company benefits are available
- This important role will expand to give the candidate more exposure to a fast-growing publishing and events business